Whether you’re boarding a long-haul flight, racing from work to the gym, or desk-bound in a heated office, there’s no avoiding the many factors that try to steal your natural glow. Not to mention the dreaded three: fatigue, dehydration and stress which wreak havoc and pre-maturely age skin.
And when you factor in that less is more on the go, having a great multi-tasking moisturiser that addresses all these issues is the key to a calm, radiant you. This is why we have ventured to the most exotic places all over the world to assemble the crème de la creme of botanic oils and ingredients in our A-Game formula. Our multi-tasking, travel-friendly skin saving hero that cocoons, nourishes and hydrates skin leaving it bouncy, pillow soft and silky smooth. It has great anti-ageing benefits, and is suitable for all skin types and all ages.
First, here’s a reminder of what a good moisturising formula must do and why it matters:
- Draw in moisture – Should include humectants, like hyaluronic acid used in A-Game. They attract moisture into skin.
- Retain moisture – Occlusive agents form a protective seal over the top of skin to prevent moisture loss through evaporation. Plant oils rich in oleic acid, such as shea and cocoa butter used in A-Game are great examples.
- Soften skin – Emollients (mostly oils) soften and soothe the skin surface by filling in any gaps between the cells, creating that familiar feeling of smooth, well-moisturised skin.
- Add a healthy kicker – EFAs (essential fatty acids i.e. Omegas 3 and 6) and Vitamins are essential because the body needs but can’t produce them. Linoleic and Linolenic acids in Omega 3 and 6 oils protect the skin from bacteria and dirt, while ALA (alpha-linolenic acid found in omega 3) is vital for its anti-inflammatory properties – reduces redness and great for treating rough and dry skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema. Oils also contain other phyto-chemicals (antioxidants, sterols, polyphenols etc), which our skin needs all year round to maintain its condition.
When oils rich in EFAs and Vitamins are combined with other skin-loving ingredients like ceramides and hyaluronic acid in generous quantities, that moisturiser becomes a game changer. This is exactly the approach we took in formulating A-Game. We also made it a travel-friendly stick balm so you know you are covered at home, deskside, gym, flights, the boardroom, a sun-lounger, the slopes and more.
Meet the A-Game all-star cast:
- Let’s start with Virgin Marula Oil (our moisture booster), native to Southern Africa and cold-pressed from the kernels of the Marula fruit. This wonder oil long used as an ancient anti-ageing remedy is like rehab for your skin. Rich in proteins, amino acids, critical antioxidants and superior omegas 6 and 9. It absorbs like a dream, working to hydrate, protect and deeply nourish skin.
- Virgin Moringa Oil (our glow restoring anti-inflammatory), is extracted from the fruit of the Moringa Oleifera Tree grown in Africa, Central and South America, India, and Southeast Asia. A nutritional cocktail of anti-inflammatory oleic acid and skin protecting vitamin C & A, it’s quickly absorbed and helps balance all skin types.
- Kahai Seed Oil (our potent restorative and repair agent) is gently extracted from the nuts of a Colombian Amazonian “Cacay” tree. With 3x Vitamin A (a natural retinol) as Rosehip oil and 2x Vitamin E (anti-oxidant) compared to Argan oil this is a potent multitasker. Vitamin A stimulates cell repair and antioxidant vitamin E guards against radical damage. The result is a reduction in fine lines, wrinkles, and it works wonders evening out skin tone and fading sun damage spots, hyper pigmentation and scarring.
- Chia Seed Oil (our elasticity booster) comes from the tiny black seeds of the Salvia Hispanica plant, grown in Central and South America. It contains a hefty dose of omega 3 essential fatty acids which help maintain moisture levels and a healthy protective layer. An essential mix for youthful, plump skin. Also rich in vitamin B’s and zinc great for oily skin. Chia seed oil can help your skin fight irritation, dehydration, and even banish blemishes.
- Ceramides (our essence of youthful skin) are lipids (fats) that occur naturally and make up over 50% of skin. A powerhouse responsible for holding skin firm and protecting against environmental threats that prematurely age and damage skin. Ageing and sun damage mean less naturally produced ceramides and so topical ceramides help skin look and act like younger skin, keeping it hydrated, firm and supple.
- Hyaluronic Acid (skin plumper), is renowned for its long-lasting hydrating properties (it is able to hold 1,000 times its weight in moisture) and ability to plump fine lines and restore a natural youthfulness to skin.
A-Game is all natural, non comedogenic, vegan and cruelty free. Learn how to use it and Shop it here.
If you loved this article, you’ll love our newsletter. Sign up below to read more about LBB skincare tips for the full-schedulers, frequent-fliers, and time strapped go-getters.